Tuesday 1 September 2015

Miss Hong Kong 2015 is Louisa Mak , a Cambridge law graduate

Louisa Mak, a Cambridge law graduate, was crowned Miss Hong Kong 2015 at the end of the beauty pageant held on August 29 . The 23-year-old Louisa bested 11 other delegates to win the coveted crown. She received media coverage for her academic success and was interviewed several times. In one of her old interviews, Louisa expressed that her goal was to become Hong Kong’s Chief Executive in the future. Asking her if she still held onto that dream, Louisa said, “I care about our society, and getting into politics is a way to reach that. But I was very young at the time and also naive.” Louisa added that while she never thought about giving up that dream, she would not purposely chase after it. “I have to take care of myself now first!”
Miss Hong Kong 2015 and her runners up

Louisa Mak Miss Hong Kong 2015

As reported on HK Channel, the Cambridge law student who has been the public’s favourite since day one, won the title with 925,173 points, leaving the second place winner with more than 400,000 points behind. Louisa also won Miss Photogenic as voted by celebrity judges Edmond Leung, Simon Yam, Wayne Lai and William So.
In an interview with the media later on, Louisa admitted that she was still nervous and couldn’t stop thinking about her win.“I had never been the most photogenic person since childhood. I didn’t know how to dress up and I didn’t care that much about how I look. I was an unpolished gem.”

The 1st runner up was Louisa's good friend Ada Pong  and Karmen Kwok (2nd)

Louisa Mak

Louisa Mak




No comments:

Post a Comment